* [9fans] alpha channel
@ 2008-12-24 20:28 Tharaneedharan Vilwanathan
From: Tharaneedharan Vilwanathan @ 2008-12-24 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

hi,
this is regarding alpha channel.

i am able to change the alpha value for an image by setting new alpha value
for every pixel.

but i was thinking we also could set the alpha value for all of the pixels
in a window/screen just but setting the value somewhere, say using ctl. is
this not possible in plan9 or inferno? i am wondering how i got that
thinking.

thanks
dharani

* Re: [9fans] alpha channel
@ 2008-12-27 23:10 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2008-12-27 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> this is regarding alpha channel.
> i am able to change the alpha value for an image by setting new alpha value
> for every pixel.
> but i was thinking we also could set the alpha value for all of the pixels
> in a window/screen just but setting the value somewhere, say using ctl. is
> this not possible in plan9 or inferno? i am wondering how i got that

the graphics operators support alpha blending
but the window system still assumes, at a deep level,
that windows are opaque rectangles.

russ

* Re: [9fans] alpha channel
@ 2008-12-28 11:56   ` Tharaneedharan Vilwanathan