* plan9port, drawterm cvs deprecated - use mercurial
@ 2009-12-08 20:10 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2009-12-08 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

If you're using CVS to get plan9port or drawterm,
it's time to switch to Mercurial.
http://swtch.com/plan9port/man/man1/hg.html

More detail follows, for those who care.

In November 2007 I added support for fetching
Plan 9 from User Space via Mercurial instead
of CVS.  For the past two years I've been keeping
both repositories in sync, but I am no longer able
to do so--the chewing gum and duct tape holding
them together has broken yet again and I am not
going to bother trying to fix it.  I have changed the
copy of INSTALL in the CVS repository to point
at the Mercurial instructions, and I will leave the
CVS repository alone for at least a few months before
deleting it.  The drawterm situation is the same,
although there the Mercurial repository is a more
recent arrival.

If you need to install Mercurial, I've found that
"sudo easy_install mercurial" works on both
Linux and OS X and installs a newer version
than apt-get does on Ubuntu.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Russ

P.S. If you are already using Mercurial for plan9port,
please check your $PLAN9/.hg/hgrc file and
make sure the "default =" line reads

default = http://code.swtch.com/plan9port/

If you were an early Mercurial adopter, you might
instead have a line like

default = http://hg.pdos.csail.mit.edu/hg/plan9/   # NOT THIS

If so, edit the file to make it use the first URL.

* Re: [9fans] plan9port, drawterm cvs deprecated - use mercurial
@ 2009-12-09 13:12 ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2009-12-09 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> If you're using CVS to get plan9port or drawterm,
> it's time to switch to Mercurial.
> http://swtch.com/plan9port/man/man1/hg.html

I happen to have a japanese version of macbook with snow leopard recently.
I use this machine for my lecture in our Univ. an then, I needed to have
drawterm on it.

I worked out it now, and I can use ktrans with it using Shift+Space or
control+backslash key as its trigger key for conversion.  I'm now
using that drawterm from snow leopard's dock.

If anyone wants this please let me know it.

Kenji

PS. Russ, do I need to send it to you?

* Re: [9fans] plan9port, drawterm cvs deprecated - use mercurial
@ 2009-12-09 14:56   ` Anthony Sorace
From: Anthony Sorace @ 2009-12-09 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I'm interested in the changes, although I'm mostly using 9vx rather
than drawterm. I tried to get ktrans running again a few months ago
and couldn't make it work, regardless of trigger. Is there an updated
version of that available somewhere, as well?

* Re: [9fans] plan9port, drawterm cvs deprecated - use mercurial
@ 2009-12-09 19:14 ` Tim Newsham
From: Tim Newsham @ 2009-12-09 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for all the effort!

> Russ

Tim Newsham | www.thenewsh.com/~newsham | thenewsh.blogspot.com

* Re: [9fans] plan9port, drawterm cvs deprecated - use mercurial
@ 2009-12-10 10:51     ` kokamoto
                         ` (2 more replies)
From: kokamoto @ 2009-12-10 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I'm interested in the changes, although I'm mostly using 9vx rather
> than drawterm. I tried to get ktrans running again a few months ago
> and couldn't make it work, regardless of trigger. Is there an updated
> version of that available somewhere, as well?

Changes are very small, just gui-osx/keycodes.h and gui-osx/screen.c.
As Russ has no interest on this, I'll put the change to our web site
http://basalt.las.osakafu-u.ac.jp/plan9 tommorrow.
(Note that our domain changed from cias to las.)
Change the two files, and get compile it with force to 32 bit mode.

ktrans has also been very small change, too.

ctl+n for Nihongo input and shift+space or ctl+backspace advance the conversion
from かな to 漢字, and ctl+x reread the dictionary etc.

It's fun to use ktrans from macbook.☺

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] plan9port, drawterm cvs deprecated - use mercurial
@ 2009-12-11  4:27       ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2009-12-11  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Changes are very small, just gui-osx/keycodes.h and gui-osx/screen.c.
> As Russ has no interest on this, I'll put the change to our web site
> http://basalt.las.osakafu-u.ac.jp/plan9 tommorrow.

I'm interested, just busy.
If you have plan9port installed and drawterm
checked out from Mercurial, please run

codereview gui-osx/keycodes.h gui-osx/screen.c

to send the changes to the code review server
I use for these.  That makes them easy for me
to apply to the tree.  (Same goes for vx32 and
plan9port, if anyone else is interested.  The
codereview command is part of plan9port.)

Russ

* Re: [9fans] plan9port, drawterm cvs deprecated - use mercurial
@ 2009-12-11 12:36       ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2009-12-11 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> http://basalt.las.osakafu-u.ac.jp/plan9 tommorrow.

Ok, I put it as http://basalt.las.osakafu-u.ac.jp/plan9/s56.html

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] plan9port, drawterm cvs deprecated - use mercurial
@ 2009-12-11 12:50         ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2009-12-11 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I'm interested, just busy.
> If you have plan9port installed and drawterm
> checked out from Mercurial, please run
>
> codereview gui-osx/keycodes.h gui-osx/screen.c

Oops, I'll do it later.
I'm now and till the next monday apart from our Univ, so,
It'll take a few days.  (I'm going to play with deers a cupple of days).

Kenji

PS.  I know you are very busy now.   I'm also busy to read
such a big amount of posts to go lang world. ☺

* Re: [9fans] plan9port, drawterm cvs deprecated - use mercurial
@ 2009-12-21 11:56       ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2009-12-21 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> http://basalt.las.osakafu-u.ac.jp/plan9/s56.html

also has updated ktrans and howto setup ktrans for
drawterm, which is same for 9vx, too.

Key point is to send '0x1c' character to console when to make trigger
the かな to 漢字 Japanese translation.

Kenji