* [9fans] httplogin
@ 2004-02-25  8:18 Matthias Teege
From: Matthias Teege @ 2004-02-25  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Moin,

I try to publish a directory tree via httpd with restricted permissions. The
problem is, it is a big tree with lots of directorys. Is it really necessary to put
a .httplogin in each directory? If so, what is the painless way?

Many thanks
Matthias

* Re: [9fans] httplogin
@ 2004-02-25 13:23 ` David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2004-02-25 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

You could change httpd to look down the whole path to a file for a .httplogin and
make it apply to the whole subtree.  Might be a bit of a performance hit but
it would certainly be easier than copying it thousands of times.   If this
is something that multiple people would like, I'll add it or pick up
whatever matthias does.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2321 bytes --]

From: Matthias Teege <matthias@mteege.de>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] httplogin
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:18:20 0000

@ 2004-02-25 14:38   ` Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2004-02-25 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

yep. please. I don't need it so desperately that I
would do it myself, but I'd like to have that feature.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 4605 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 330 bytes --]

You could change httpd to look down the whole path to a file for a .httplogin and
make it apply to the whole subtree.  Might be a bit of a performance hit but
it would certainly be easier than copying it thousands of times.   If this
is something that multiple people would like, I'll add it or pick up
whatever matthias does.

[-- Attachment #2.1.2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2321 bytes --]

From: Matthias Teege <matthias@mteege.de>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:18:20 0000

@ 2004-02-25 14:54   ` Matthias Teege
From: Matthias Teege @ 2004-02-25 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Wed Feb 25 13:29:09 GMT 2004, presotto@closedmind.org wrote:

> You could change httpd to look down the whole path to a file for a .httplogin and
> make it apply to the whole subtree.  Might be a bit of a performance hit but

Ok, I'll try to patch httpd in this way.
Thanks
Matthias