From: roger peppe <rogpeppe@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] command output on acme
Date: Fri,  8 May 2009 16:33:40 +0100	[thread overview]

2009/5/8 hugo rivera <uair00@gmail.com>:
> Hello,
> sometimes, when I execute a few times some external commands on a
> directory with multiple files on it (an external command like tail +0f
> on different files that are constantly appended), it is nice to have
> the output of each command on its own window, and not having all
> outputs mixed in /whatever/dir/+Errors.

if i want to this, i tend to either a) start another win process
as others have said, or b) click New, and in the new window
type "<tail -f foo", Esc (to select that text) and middle click
it to execute it. the only down side of this is that it
doesn't automatically scroll to the bottom when new text arrives,
but that's not always what you want anyway.

it's a powerful technique e.g. a very quick way of getting a date
stamp into the current document: type "<date", Esc, middle click.