Several people have asked about halting fossil before reboot. I'm sure people running fossil regularly have their own scripts to do it, but it seems reasonable to have a default utility to do the job, which comes with the standard distribution. The rc script goes in /rc/bin/fossil/halt, the man page (just an addition to fossil(4)) goes in /sys/man/4/fossil. Halt does a couple of "sync"-s to fossil and echoes "halt" to /srv/fscons, which is the standard fossil console for pcf kernels. After halting a machine no new programs will run, which means that you need to reboot it, unless you have an open console to /srv/fscons on which to type 'unhalt'. I'm sending this to 9fans because patch(1) isn't operational yet, though I will resubmit it there once Russ gets it going. Andrey