I'd like to move our softwares to Linux + Apache (where mounting a 9p fileserver would be easy), but actually it's a Windows + IIS. I would write a session state service for ASP.NET connecting it in 9p (using c# and the 9pc implementation linked by http://9p.cat-v.org/implementations... actually the link is broken...) If the filesystem grid work as I've understood, there would be only ONE filesystem. So, saving session state in the grid would make it available to all web servers connected to the filesystem, allowing load balance and high availability for the web servers (when one crash, the user sessions it was handling would be available to the others web server). But what if a node of the grid goes down? There would be a way to keep files in it replicated in other cpu node? Giacomo On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 11:41 PM, Roman V. Shaposhnik wrote: > On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 23:26 +0100, Giacomo Tesio wrote: > > Hello every one... > > In a context of really heavy load and high availability needs, I'm > > evaluating plan 9 to implement a fileserver grid to be used by a web > > server for temporary storage (session's serializations, for example). > > What OS do you web servers run under? > > > I'd like to build a Plan 9 grid exposing a unique filesystem mounted > > by all the web servers. > > Are you going to talk to this filesystem using 9P or something else? > > > Each session could be accessible from any web server instantly, but > > what if a fileserver in the grid break? > > Is there a way to mantain such a session (actually the file storing > > the session data) available by keeping it sincronized beetween the > > Plan 9 fileservers? > > This is unclear. Please restate. > > Thanks, > Roman. > > >