From: Giacomo Tesio <giacomo@tesio.it>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] FileServer grid
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:06:50 +0100	[thread overview]

> So far it seems that there are no ready-made 9P-based solutions available
> for what
> you have in mind. At least I don't know of any.

In any solution available there are costs to pay (economical or temporary
ones).

So I could write the code missinig, if the time required to write the
filesystem sincronization and the session state handler would be a month.

For more than a month the economical cost would be (more or less) equal to
the prebuild solutions in the market.

For writing the session state handler over 9P I estimate a week...
If a sincronization system for the grid nodes (or a sintetic filesystem
providing access to the grid and replicating writes among node) would
require more than 3 weeks of man work probably I've no chance to get this
solution approved.

> Thanks,
> Roman.

Thanks you!