From: David Presotto <presotto@closedmind.org>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] boot.c -> bad nvram key
Date: Mon,  8 Mar 2004 09:06:17 -0500	[thread overview]

My mistake, I missed the
	kfs...
and thought it was the kenrel complaining.  I'm an
idiot, sorry for causing someone to go off and check
what kernel they where running.

Rename the nvram partition to something else and
the messages should go away.  Man 8 prep.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2779 bytes --]

From: lucio@proxima.alt.za
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 14:17:24 +0200

> I have tried with /386/9pcdisk and /386/9pcf but both kernels give me
> the same results:

Don't worry about it, it is harmless.  You may even want to get rid of
the warning by executing auth/wrkey once the terminal is running.  I
suspect something has crept into the startup that always checks for
NVRAM and the installation seems always to create an NVRAM partition.
But, as I mentioned, it does no harm whatsoever.

>> root is from (il, tcp, local)[local!#S/sdC0/fs]:
>> user[none]: glenda
>> kfs...bad nvram key
>> bad authentication id
>> bad authentication domain
>> version...time...
>
> Any advice?

Of course, somebody may want to get to the bottom of this, but I'm not
sure it's worth the effort.

++L