The non-existant floppy is gone from the BIOS. It was set to off before I started trying to boot the plan9 CD. On 11/1/07, Joshua Wood wrote: > > > > Hehe. There is no floppy drive. But thanks for all the help > > you've given > > me. > > In my experience, that is precisely the reason why you should follow > erik's suggestion and disable that non-existent floppy in bios. > > More to the point, you can boot with an older iso image; I've been > using my 10/12 burn for exactly that purpose. Once you have a plan 9 > system up, you have access to pull(1) and sourcesdump/yyyy/mmdd/ > plan9/386/9load to do your testing of the (several, lately) new 9load > on your hardware, and a bootable cd with a known-good 9load when you > fail. > > My follow-on question for the list based on my experience with that > general procedure is: Is there anywhere to get an old iso image for > someone in Eldanen's situation? (That is, neither an old burn to fall > back on nor an existing plan9 machine to use to get an old 9load from > sourcesdump to make a bootstrap for his new machine?) > > -- > josh >