* [9fans] Java for Plan9
@ 2003-11-06 23:11 Latchesar Ionkov
From: Latchesar Ionkov @ 2003-11-06 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

I have finally ported Sun C virtual machine
(http://java.sun.com/products/foundation/) to Plan9. It is mostly JDK 1.3.1
compatible. There are few more classes that have to be ported.

The building requres Java virtual machine. I was able to build it from
scratch on Plan9, so I guess the virtual machine is more or less working.

The AWT is not ported yet :)

	Lucho

* Re: [9fans] Java for Plan9
@ 2003-11-06 23:30 ` mirtchov
From: mirtchov @ 2003-11-06 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Hi,
>
> I have finally ported Sun C virtual machine
> (http://java.sun.com/products/foundation/) to Plan9. It is mostly JDK 1.3.1
> compatible. There are few more classes that have to be ported.
>
> The building requres Java virtual machine. I was able to build it from
> scratch on Plan9, so I guess the virtual machine is more or less working.
>
> The AWT is not ported yet :)
>
> 	Lucho

do you have a place to put it, or do you want to host it on my site?

how big is the beast? bigger than the entire inferno OS? :)

* Re: [9fans] Java for Plan9
@ 2003-11-06 23:31 ` mirtchov
From: mirtchov @ 2003-11-06 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

ah, oh, ugh... private email again leaked to the world :)