* Re: [9fans] Problems with Live Plan 9 CD
@ 2003-12-01 13:51 David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2003-12-01 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vrotaru, 9fans

> I have not (yet) installed the Plan9 but if I succed how can change the
> default font to the one used by the install shell?

If you mean the font used by the install process, start rio with the
option '-f /lib/font/bit/lucidasans/typelatin1.7.font'.  I believe
that's what we're using.

Alternately, you could just set the environment variable 'font'
to that value before starting rio.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2434 bytes --]

From: Vasile Rotaru <vrotaru@seznam.cz>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Problems with Live Plan 9 CD
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 11:06:19 GMT

It take me more than one attempt to be able to boot from $subj. The
problem seems to be that my CD is connected as slave to the second IDE
interface and has no master. So the boot program finds plan9.ini on sdD1
but looks for the kernel for the kernel and root filesystem on sdD0. When
I enter the right values by hand the system boots nicely.

 I have not (yet) installed the Plan9 but if I succed how can change the
default font to the one used by the install shell?

Regards,
Vasile Rotaru

* Re: [9fans] Problems with Live Plan 9 CD
@ 2003-12-01 13:38 ` mirtchov
From: mirtchov @ 2003-12-01 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>  I have not (yet) installed the Plan9 but if I succed how can change the
> default font to the one used by the install shell?

edit $home/lib/profile for the user you log in under and change (or
set) "font=" there

andrey

* [9fans] Problems with Live Plan 9 CD
@ 2003-12-01 11:06 Vasile Rotaru