* [9fans] Even more bitsy questions
@ 2004-03-16 14:22 w0rd 2 th3
From: w0rd 2 th3 @ 2004-03-16 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Well, I got bitsy working, and I have a few questions to ask...

1/ Does Infrared work?
2/ With the bitsy hooked up to the serial port and Plan9 running, I can only
import keyboard text and look at debugging info, how can I make it so that I
can send files via Xmodem or set up a PPP connection for net access? or
perhaps have shell access to the bitsy? (Or whatever you Plan9 users call
it)
3/ How can I get a PCMCIA HDD working? I have a CF sleeve but it works as a
PCMCIA sleeve and can be used with those modules, so how could I get it
working?

That is all.
I hope I can get some feedback on this because I'm really desperate to
knowing what to do..
Thanks alot.

* Re: [9fans] Even more bitsy questions
@ 2004-03-16 14:42 ` Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2004-03-16 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

1. never tried.
2. there're examples in Booting101
3. It's very much like in the PC. There are scripts in paqfiles.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2806 bytes --]

From: "w0rd 2 th3" <zbxhfhxha@hotmail.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Even more bitsy questions
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:22:30 +0000

@ 2004-03-16 14:53 ` Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2004-03-16 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I do not have many answers, but I do have a question:

does susend/resume work for you?
If so, what bootloader version do you use? (what bitsy type?)
For me it only works if I resume within 30 seconds or so.
(my bitsy kernel is old, however)

> 2/ With the bitsy hooked up to the serial port and Plan9 running,
> I can only import keyboard text and look at debugging info,
> how can I make it so that I can send files via Xmodem or set up a
> PPP connection for net access?
> or perhaps have shell access to the bitsy?
> (Or whatever you Plan9 users call it)

Searching the archive might help; in the past there
have been discussions about using an external keyboard,
that may have some relevance.

> 3/ How can I get a PCMCIA HDD working? I have a CF sleeve but
> it works as a PCMCIA sleeve and can be used with those modules,
> so how could I get it working?

I use a script startsd
(original at /n/sources/nemo/sys/src/9/bitsy/paqfiles)

#!/bin/rc
names=(\
	'MK5002MPL' \
	'MK2001MPL' \
)
dev=''
name=''
for (d in /dev/pcm?ctl) {
	for (n in $names) {
		if(grep -s $n $d){
			name=$n
			dev=$d
			echo -n 'configure #SC ata 1'>$d
			bind -a '#S' /dev
			disk/fdisk -p /dev/sdC0/data >/dev/sdC0/ctl
			disk/prep -p /dev/sdC0/plan9 >/dev/sdC0/ctl
			disk/kfs -f /dev/sdC0/fs
			mount /srv/kfs /n/kfs
		}
	}