* [9fans]  unknown error message
@ 2010-06-14  2:46 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2010-06-14  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Thanks, that's what I was curious about. shoulda grepped but figured
> one of you would know off the top of your head. :)

is posting to 9fans now easier than grep?

probablly not.  recently i've been working with a
few non-plan 9 guys, and the ones that take the
time to look at the system are at first appalled
by the simplicity.  that's it?  really, that's it.  i've
learned to ignore that.  inevitably, a question
similar to this thread comes up.  how to i find xyz.
i get xyz error message.  well, g xyz /sys/src.
that's it?  really, that's it.

i think the complexity of most systems can knock
one of one's rhythm and forget that it can be
as appalingly simple as grep.

plan 9 is fairly unique in that it's a system one can
reasonablly hope to understand by reading the source.
that's it?  really, that's it.

- erik

* [9fans] unknown error message
@ 2010-06-12 21:42 Mathieu Lonjaret
From: Mathieu Lonjaret @ 2010-06-12 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

I doubt it will help me debug my problems but out of curiosity, can
anyone tell me where this assertion is coming from please? Even better,
if you have a clue about what I was doing wrong at this point ;)

15014.35 a < t->size && t->size < b: assertion failed
btfs 15014: suicide: sys: trap: page fault pc=0x0001079b

Cheers,
Mathieu