* [9fans] pm postprocessor and g++
@ 2002-10-04 15:39 Joel Salomon
From: Joel Salomon @ 2002-10-04 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

on 2002-02-07 16:29:05 PST
forsyth@caldo.demon.co.uk wrote:
> Re: [9fans] OT: Paper on -mpm from 10th Edition
> there's a paper in a back issue of (USENIX) Computing Systems
> that describes the design and construction of the pm postprocessor
> and how the troff -mpm directives work with it.
> it was included with Plan 9 Second Edition.  it's a C++ program,
> which might be one reason it wasn't included in Third Edition.
> (Second Edition included a version of cfront sufficient to compile it.)

Now that gcc (including, presumably g++) has been ported to plan9, can
the pm postprocessor be brought back? Are there any other programs
that were removed for this reason?
Joel

* Re: [9fans] pm postprocessor and g++
@ 2002-10-04 16:06 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2002-10-04 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Related to this, are there manual pages
for other troff packages that are missing?

I know most of them are in google for their respective
unix versions, but perhaps they already exist in plan 9
and there's not need to re-import them...