yes, dhcpd makes the entry. Its not intentional security thing just 9load being minimal. However, over the years, 9load has become so friggin big that I might as well put ARP into it too, it'ld hardly be noticable. Dhcpd loading the arp cache is just there because it has to be. Otherwise the responses might not work. That's because if the broadcast flag isn't set in the client requests, replies are unicast. If the reply is unicast, the server has to ARP to get the clients ether address. Since the client hasn't gotten its address yet, it can't answer the ARP... Of course, once 9load gets an address, it should be ready to answer ARPs. That way we could separate the dhcp server and tftp server. On my infinite list.