* [9fans] /386/lib/libmp.a
@ 2004-05-27  8:13 lucio
From: lucio @ 2004-05-27  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have a feeling that a mkfile rule causes this file to be updated
unnecessarily.  Often, the only change on sources turns out to be
386/lib/libmp.a.  I have yet to see any of the contributing object or
source files undergoing any changes.

++L

* Re: [9fans] /386/lib/libmp.a
@ 2004-05-27 13:13 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-05-27 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lucio, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> I have a feeling that a mkfile rule causes this file to be updated
> unnecessarily.  Often, the only change on sources turns out to be
> 386/lib/libmp.a.  I have yet to see any of the contributing object or
> source files undergoing any changes.

This is definitely a bug, but I'm not sure how it's happening.
Sometimes libmp.a gets built with the C versions of the assembly
functions instead of the assembly.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] /386/lib/libmp.a
@ 2004-05-27 14:21   ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-05-27 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lucio, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> This is definitely a bug, but I'm not sure how it's happening.
> Sometimes libmp.a gets built with the C versions of the assembly
> functions instead of the assembly.

There was a bug in the libmp/port mkfile.  It's fixed now.

Russ