* [9fans] vmware support broken in new vmwares?
@ 2004-09-17 17:17 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-09-17 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I received a couple reports from people that under
recent versions of VMware, snarf passing
between Plan 9 and the host OS wasn't
working.  Specifically /mnt/vmware/snarf was
always zero.

I installed VMware 4.5.2 build 8848 on Windows XP
and tried it out, but it seemed to be working fine.

Has anyone else seen problems on recent VMwares?
If so, what host OS are you using?  What version of
VMware?  What are the details of the problems?

Thanks.
Russ

* Re: [9fans] vmware support broken in new vmwares?
@ 2004-09-17 17:46 ` Matthias Teege
From: Matthias Teege @ 2004-09-17 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russ Cox, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:17:27 -0400, Russ Cox <russcox@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone else seen problems on recent VMwares?
> If so, what host OS are you using?  What version of
> VMware?  What are the details of the problems?

I use VMWare 4.5.2-8848 under Linux. Snarf/Paste never worked under
VMWare on this system. If I disable Copy/Paste in VMWare I can
snarf/paste between rio and sam. If I enable copy/paste in VMWare I
can copy from hostsystem to plan9 but not from plan9 to hostsystem. In
this case snarf/paste from rio to sam doesn't work to.

Matthias

* [9fans] Re: vmware support broken in new vmwares?
@ 2004-09-18 20:35 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-09-18 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I just put a new aux/vmwarefs on sources.
Pull to get it, then reboot, and the snarf problems
should go away.  If they don't, please let me know
as soon as possible.

The other problems seem to be with VMware not
letting go of the mouse properly when it reaches
the borders.  I'm going to work on that next.

Russ