* [9fans] acme port and fonts
@ 2004-09-19 17:38 Matthias Teege
From: Matthias Teege @ 2004-09-19 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Moin,

I try to change the acme font (acme from unix ports) with
acme -F fonts/fixed/unicode.6x9.font without success. Is
it possible to use another font? What do I missing?

Matthias

* Re: [9fans] acme port and fonts
@ 2004-09-19 17:46 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2004-09-19 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mteege, 9fans

> Moin,
>
> I try to change the acme font (acme from unix ports) with
> acme -F fonts/fixed/unicode.6x9.font without success. Is
> it possible to use another font? What do I missing?
>
> Matthias

you need to middle-click the text 'Font' to switch to the fixed-width
one.  if you use '-f' instead, you'll change the variable-width font,
which is what acme displays by default.

all that assumes you have given a full path name to the font file.

andrey

* Re: [9fans] acme port and fonts
@ 2004-09-19 18:03 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-09-19 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthias Teege, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> I try to change the acme font (acme from unix ports) with
> acme -F fonts/fixed/unicode.6x9.font without success. Is
> it possible to use another font? What do I missing?

Like on Plan 9, -F changes the fixed-width font.  -f changes the normal font.

acme -F $PLAN9/font/fixed/unicode.6x9.font works,
but you don't see the results until you execute Font to change
some window to fixed-width.

Russ