From: Russ Cox <russcox@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] could it write code too?
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 08:57:53 -0400	[thread overview]

Festoon was in 2e Plan 9.  I think the papers they're
generating are more readable than festoon's.  The
general sound of everything is more plausible.  For example,
the conclusion that was accepted:

              IV.  CONCLUSION

  Here we motivated Rooter, an analysis of rasterization.
  We leave out a more thorough discussion due to resource
  constraints.  Along these same lines, the characteristics of
  our heuristic, in relation to those of more little-known
  algorithms, are clearly more unfortunate.  Next, our algorithm
  has set a precedent for Markov models, and we expect that
  theorists will harness Rooter for years to come.  Clearly, our
  vision for the future of programming languages certainly
  includes our algorithm.

Russ