* [9fans] fs success...
@ 2005-04-21 15:07 Chris Collins
From: Chris Collins @ 2005-04-21 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I've just spent the evening hacking fs64 in an attempt to get a
fileserver going...

My inexperience with 9 is not helping much, but I did manage to get
the jukebox code working correctly on the arcane IDE 7100PLS MO
Jukeboxes that basser originally used for their plan9 deployment (or
so I hear).

I discovered a large chain of rather entertaining bugs in the jukebox
firmware itself which I've had to implement workarounds for.  Most of
them could be worked around without breaking the SCSI media changer
spec.

I'm about to go away for the weekend, but I'll post some patches early
next week.

C.

* Re: [9fans] fs success...
@ 2005-04-21 15:14 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2005-04-21 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> My inexperience with 9 is not helping much, but I did manage to get
> the jukebox code working correctly on the arcane IDE 7100PLS MO
> Jukeboxes that basser originally used for their plan9 deployment (or
> so I hear).
>
> I discovered a large chain of rather entertaining bugs in the jukebox
> firmware itself which I've had to implement workarounds for.  Most of
> them could be worked around without breaking the SCSI media changer
> spec.

this is why we moved to newer juke boxes.