From: Russ Cox <russcox@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Auth woes.
Date: Tue,  3 May 2005 16:59:16 -0400	[thread overview]

It sure sounds like your auth server (keyfs) and your factotum
do not agree on what the password is.  The new factotum that
I said to pull fixed a different problem -- if the server side fails
the auth, it could be because the client lied, so that case doesn't
disable the key anymore.  But the case you're running into is that
the tickets coming back from the auth server don't decrypt properly,
and since factotum trusts the auth server, it disables the key.

Russ