* [9fans] centrino wireless driver
@ 2005-11-28 13:47 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2005-11-28 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I wrote the bulk of a driver for the wireless card
found in most Intel laptops these days.  It's in
/n/sources/contrib/rsc/ipw2200.
It is *unfinished*, i.e. *not* in working condition.

I've done all the low-level card setup and framework
for issuing commands and sending and receiving
packets.

What's left is figuring out how to scan for a base
station, associate with it, and then the various
wireless packet header processing in the packet
send and receive.

Also, occasionally I see "fatal errors" coming from
the card.  They seem to be associated with getting
a lot of packets all at once, though there are plenty
of buffers in the receive ring when that happens.

I may or may not get back to finishing it, so I'm
putting it up in case someone else wants to play.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] centrino wireless driver
@ 2005-11-28 15:57 ` Alberto Rodriguez Galdo
From: Alberto Rodriguez Galdo @ 2005-11-28 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

One more reason to make use of the plan9 installation on my laptop

--
Alberto Rodriguez Galdo
argaldo@gmail.com