* [9fans] Question on Rio
@ 2006-07-27 20:47 Vladimir Giszpenc
From: Vladimir Giszpenc @ 2006-07-27 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have a list of graphics questions that I hope you can answer.  I am
very much a newbie.

1.  Does rio use OpenGL?
         Can it take advantage of 3D accelerated video cards?
         Does it do compositing?
2.  Does (can) drawterm multiplex windows so you see multiple windows
from different places?
3.  Is plumb somehow able to accellerate video?  Or is that completely
not used?

Thanks,

Vlad

[-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature, Size: 4518 bytes --]

* Re: [9fans] Question on Rio
@ 2006-07-27 20:56 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2006-07-27 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> 1.  Does rio use OpenGL?

You're really asking about the graphics implementation,
which in Plan 9 is actually separate from the window system.
But no.

>          Can it take advantage of 3D accelerated video cards?

No, not 3D.

>          Does it do compositing?

Yes, but not using hw acceleration.

> 2.  Does (can) drawterm multiplex windows so you see multiple windows
> from different places?

No.  You get one drawterm window that's a desktop in one place.
Of course that desktop might have windows showing other places,
just like when you run drawterm that window isn't showing your
local machine.

> 3.  Is plumb somehow able to accellerate video?  Or is that completely
> not used?

The plumber has nothing to do with video.

Rus