* [9fans] Recover
@ 2007-03-19 11:49 Gorka Guardiola
From: Gorka Guardiola @ 2007-03-19 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

For those of you who asked for it, I finally posted recover in sources:

/n/sources/contrib/paurea/recover4e.tgz

--
- curiosity sKilled the cat

* Re: [9fans] Recover
@ 2007-03-19 11:57 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2007-03-19 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

what does this do?

- erik

---------

@ 2007-03-19 12:05   ` Gorka Guardiola
From: Gorka Guardiola @ 2007-03-19 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

http://plan9.escet.urjc.es/iwp9/cready/recover.pdf

@ 2007-03-19 14:26     ` arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2007-03-19 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello Gorka,

It seems Recover is working fine for my MacBook(Plan9 on Parallels).

Thanks

Kenji Arisawa

On 2007/03/19, at 21:05, Gorka Guardiola wrote:

> http://plan9.escet.urjc.es/iwp9/cready/recover.pdf
>
> On 3/19/07, erik quanstrom <quanstro@coraid.com> wrote:
>> what does this do?
>>
>> - erik
>>
>> ---------
>>
>> For those of you who asked for it, I finally posted recover in
>> sources:
>>
>> /n/sources/contrib/paurea/recover4e.tgz
>>

> --
> - curiosity sKilled the cat

* Re: [9fans] Recover
@ 2007-03-19 17:29 ` Sape Mullender
From: Sape Mullender @ 2007-03-19 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> For those of you who asked for it, I finally posted recover in sources:
>
> /n/sources/contrib/paurea/recover4e.tgz

Gorka, how hard is it to (add a flag to) enable exclusive access so
that I can run mail or upas/fs over a recoverable link?  I believe
they open the mail file exclusively only briefly for modifying it,
so a connection failure can only cause problems at such times (and
then you can generate errors until the file is closed).

	Sape

* Re: [9fans] Recover
@ 2007-03-19 17:51   ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2007-03-19 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Gorka, how hard is it to (add a flag to) enable exclusive access so
> that I can run mail or upas/fs over a recoverable link?  I believe
> they open the mail file exclusively only briefly for modifying it,
> so a connection failure can only cause problems at such times (and
> then you can generate errors until the file is closed).

You should just access your mailbox via another protocol
like pop3 or imap.  The way upas/fs uses lock files is just
not safe to use with recover.  If the network is flaky you will
lose your mailbox.

Russ