* [9fans] ANTS: Better in every single way than standard plan 9. Stop using p9p.
@ 2013-03-16 21:50 mycroftiv
From: mycroftiv @ 2013-03-16 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

smiley wrote:
> Who would be paying that $50, you or your mother? ;)

That is the kind of response I was hoping for! True
human communication! :D

You are almost right - since I did receive an inheritance
the correct answer is: "not my mom, my dead father!"

Peace and love.
Ben Kidwell

* Re: [9fans] ANTS: Better in every single way than standard plan 9. Stop using p9p.
@ 2013-03-17 18:35 ` John Floren
From: John Floren @ 2013-03-17 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Look.

I'm sorry nobody commented when you posted your software.

I'm sorry you and Eric et al. were working on sorta similar things at
the same time.

But can you cut it out with the fucking nuclear meltdowns all over
this list? And fix your email client so it replies to threads
properly?

john

@ 2013-03-16 21:48   ` Lyndon Nerenberg
From: Lyndon Nerenberg @ 2013-03-16 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 2013-03-16, at 2:24 PM, smiley@icebubble.org wrote:

> you or your mother? ;)

None have met Hayley.

* Re: [9fans] ANTS: Better in every single way than standard plan 9. Stop using p9p.
@ 2013-03-16 21:24 ` smiley
From: smiley @ 2013-03-16 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

mycroftiv@sphericalharmony.com writes:

> When you are an unemployed, good-for-nothing son living off your
> parents, it is Not Easy to explain why you need money to pay a credit
> card bill which includes a large amount of old decrepit computer
> hardware, ridiculous quantities of ethernet cabling, uninterruptible
> power supply, and $200 a month home T1 line.  Why would you need this?

> AND IF YOU DO NOT THINK IT IMPROVES PLAN NINE
>
> I WILL PAYPAL YOU FIFTY BUCKS

Who would be paying that $50, you or your mother? ;)

|   human     <smiley@icebubble.org>    PGP key ID:    BC549F8B |
|Fingerprint: 9329 DB4A 30F5 6EDA D2BA  3489 DAB7 555A BC54 9F8B|

* Re: [9fans] ANTS: Better in every single way than standard plan 9. Stop using p9p.
@ 2013-03-16 20:36 ` Calvin Morrison
From: Calvin Morrison @ 2013-03-16 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I'm one of those silent things. I don't often write on this list but I read
intently. I am interested in ANTS and plan9 but only as a hobby.

I applaud the work of those people involved but prefer to sit on the
sidelines while I work on my own separate projects

ANTS supporter,
Calvin Morrison

@ 2013-03-16 20:31 vvs009
From: vvs009 @ 2013-03-16 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2013-03-16 15:54   ` Aram Hăvărneanu
From: Aram Hăvărneanu @ 2013-03-16 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I like you.

ANTS is great, btw.

--
Aram Hăvărneanu

* Re: [9fans] ANTS: Better in every single way than standard plan 9. Stop using p9p.
@ 2013-03-16 13:56 ` Steffen Daode Nurpmeso
From: Steffen Daode Nurpmeso @ 2013-03-16 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I can't comment on the software.

 |THAT EASY

Bhutan may be worth thinking of.

 |Ben Kidwell
 |"mycroftiv"

--steffen

* [9fans] ANTS: Better in every single way than standard plan 9. Stop using p9p.
@ 2013-03-16 13:28 mycroftiv
                   ` (2 more replies)