From: "Ethan Gardener" <eekee57@fastmail.fm>
To: 9fans <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Object Icon, drawterm, riox
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2020 12:20:48 +0100	[thread overview]

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020, at 7:04 PM, Leonardo wrote:
> I can see the need for a window have an owner and stay on the screen only if your owner stays,

I'm not sure I'm thinking clearly today, but don't we have this? A single window normally requires at least 3 procs, (keyboard, mouse, output,) so, to quote rio(1): Deleting a window causes a `hangup' note to be sent to all processes in the window's process group (see notify(2)). Is there any reason one process group cann't have multiple windows? If not, then the default is to close all when one is closed. Now I see the clever bit would be the reverse of the problem statement: *not* closing the parent window when a child window is deleted.