From: David Presotto <presotto@closedmind.org>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] (no subject) Plan9 Install
Date: Thu,  7 Aug 2003 09:33:59 -0400	[thread overview]

I've now installed from CD onto two systems.  If someone other than me
would try and install starting at http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9dist2
and succeed, I'll make it the standard.

I'm not sure this will solve Vincent Volpe's problem since I'm not
quite sure what we're doing wrong there.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2988 bytes --]

From: Vincenzo Volpe <vinnie@volpe.it>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 08:39:14 GMT

Vincenzo Volpe <vinnie@volpe.it> wrote in message news:<ede1e7e2.0307311323.dbc9350@posting.google.com>...
> As I said, no other messages on the screen.
> And (1) I do NOT use floppy, just the CD (from the image). Do you have a new image?
>
> I use a DELL OptiPlex GX1 for this test.
>
> presotto@closedmind.org (David Presotto) wrote in message news:<1e2c51d47b949be607a12b003925309b@plan9.bell-labs.com>...
> > (1) just isn't done.  rsc ran out of disk space on the diskette.
> >
> > I don't understand (2).  I did an install from it both for kfs and fossil onto
> > a blank (i.e. plan 9 free) disk.  I'll need to know what error you are getting.
> > --

I realised that installation work if booting from floppy and have the
image on CD. But no choises like filesystem type.

So install directely from CD does it work? and is it different?