From: C H Forsyth <forsyth@vitanuova.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] bitstream vera
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 15:57:02 +0000	[thread overview]

is that canonical? any references?  i'd like to know that's really
what is supposed to be implemented, without having to
go off to investigate, since i've got a lot on at the moment.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3186 bytes --]

From: Latchesar Ionkov <lucho@ionkov.net>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 09:05:47 -0500

Speaking about multibit fonts ...

I was trying to add suport for subpixel fonts. I think the easier way to
implement that is to make memimagedraw to apply the channels of the "mask"
image (if it is not monocrhome) to the appropriate channels of the "src"
image. Currently it generates a greyscale image and applies it to every
channel.

Is that change going to break anything? Is it a good idea at all?

Thanks,
	Lucho