* [9fans] acme: displaying one file in two windows
@ 2013-12-27  3:20 Blake McBride
From: Blake McBride @ 2013-12-27  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Greetings,

Sometime it is convenient to display the one file in two independent
windows.  Naturally, changes in one window would be reflected in the other.
 This is especially useful if you have a large file and you would like to
edit one section while looking at another section of the same file.  I
searched and read the docs but couldn't find a way to do this.  Is there?

Thanks.

Blake McBride

* Re: [9fans] acme: displaying one file in two windows
@ 2013-12-27  3:23 ` Friedrich Psiorz
From: Friedrich Psiorz @ 2013-12-27  3:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Zerox command. In the tag.

~Fritz

@ 2013-12-27  3:27 ` blstuart
From: blstuart @ 2013-12-27  3:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Sometime it is convenient to display the one file in two independent
> windows.  ... I
> searched and read the docs but couldn't find a way to do this.  Is there?

Use the Xerox command found in the column tag line to create another
window of an open file.

BLS

* Re: [9fans] acme: displaying one file in two windows
@ 2013-12-27  3:46   ` Blake McBride
From: Blake McBride @ 2013-12-27  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs