From: Oleg Cherkasov <oleg@tiscali.no>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] Installing on IBM 760CD locks keyboard after a while
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:07:48 +0000	[thread overview]

jmk@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote in message news:<1d8958a70db52b9bd5ee9e8e77a9474c@plan9.bell-labs.com>...

> What is your BIOS revision number and how much memory do you have?

Well, I am afraid it is not possible bacause it is IBM ThinkPad ...

During the boot process it shows IBM/ThinkPad logo and a memory
amount, it is 56M by the way. If floppy drive is not connected then it
prints some numbers but I do not know how to interpret them, I guess
it is an error message.

BIOS could be activated by pressing 1 during boot process (it took me
a while to get it).  It has options to test for all devices present
but nothing else.  I run all tests available and it went fine.  It is
funny, I would say the BIOS is completely useless to anybody
nonetheless it has mouse cursors animated!

It looks like during the boot I got 32M memory reported:

  8203 pages  33012K bytes

Could it be a problem?

Think I shall give up with that PC.  It takes so much time of yours
guys and mine, It does not worth it really.

Thank you for your help anyway!