Thanks Sape for your kind comment. This time, my case is at now, however, related to the number of channels, 8 (7.1) for this case, but hard coded as 2 in the source. After solving this, I may touch the problem you encountered. By the way, I learned somewhat so far: >desc 1.0 [12] 0x24: 1.1: Audio Input Terminal Descriptor > bTerminalId 4, wTerminalType 0x201 (), bAssocTerminal >0 bNrChannels 2, wChannelConfig 3, iChannelNames 0 iTerminal 0 >Device can record from This 0x201 must be microphone. >desc 1.0 [12] 0x24: 1.1: Audio Input Terminal Descriptor > bTerminalId 5, wTerminalType 0x605 (), bAssocTerminal >0 bNrChannels 2, wChannelConfig 3, iChannelNames 0 iTerminal 0 >Device can record from This 0x605 may be S/PDIF... This device has S/PDIF input and output for light connectors. Unfortunately, this device has no CD input connector, which may make me to forget internal DVD drive of the desk top? Kenji