* [9fans] questions for the Plan 9 aces out there...
@ 2007-05-30 15:36 kcmunchkin
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: kcmunchkin @ 2007-05-30 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i'd like to build a machine to handle plan 9 as my primary operating
system.  i wouldn't even have a problem converting my windows
machine...

i became interested in plan 9 while doing research last year for the
company i worked for at the time.

here are the things that i find necessary in a computer in 2007:

-a jukebox for my cds
-a notepad for writing
-a space to orgainize and distribute photos
-a browser that supports ajax--so i could use google for my email and
apps

that's about it for me.

my question is this:  is there a certain set of programs that i could
assemble to allow a plan 9 machine to perform these functions?  and,
if so, is plan 9 a disaster to get installed and configured on a pc?

thank your for your time...