* [9fans] the #cat-v channel has moved to oftc
@ 2021-06-15  9:56 hiro
From: hiro @ 2021-06-15  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs, 9front, dev mail list

freenode has deleted all channel and user accounts, including the
#cat-v IRC channel.

we had already abandoned ship and moved to the oftc network instead,
but now the /topic redirecting users to oftc got deleted.

our websites, the caches, the search indexes still reference freenode
in many places, so i hope you can excuse this message to related
groups to inform you that whatever happens on freenode, it is not us
any more.

the people from #cat-v includes the (dp9ik) dissident plan9 irc kids,
or more recently just the 9front community.

for some of us this is a sentimental moment as we had to also abandon
uriel's IRC memorial. but maybe he would stay with us in other ways
not involving silly computer protocols...

uriel's nickserv password on freenode was "shitnode".

have a great day,
hiro