From: Akshat Kumar <akumar@mail.nanosouffle.net>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] 9 Games of Go
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 20:25:53 -0400	[thread overview]

> It might be worth the effort to implement Go Text Protocol
> (http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gunnar/gtp/), just in case you're having
> trouble finding people to play with.

No, I'm going for world domination. Starting with the local Go group.

The fileserver is meant for Plan 9 communications, and is left open
to serve any interface that provides a two-player turn-based game.
This includes Go, Chess, Checkers, and whatever else. After the
rudimentary interface is provided by an application (i.e., a board
or an automated engine), the only thing required to make it
networked is to decide on a format and use it to read/write on
files served by the fs (and handle gid permissions, if one wants).
To this effect, I've added *no* Go primitives or specifications to
the filesystem, and don't intend to do so in the future.

I never found it interesting to play with random people on the
internet, anyway. This is at least a dreidel roll away from
being the roll of dice.

> Anyway, nice work.

Thanks,
ak