* [9fans] Abaco's Plumbing
@ 2010-01-15  2:37 Akshat Kumar
From: Akshat Kumar @ 2010-01-15  2:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

In trying to access some papers in PDF,
locked up by secure login and what not
over the web two point oh-no, I was stuck
at the actual "access the paper" part.

After login, there is a link to a page that
forwards to the URL of the PDF. In order
to access, you need some cookies that
show you've logged in, etc.. So when I
open the link which forwards to the paper,
abaco tries to open the PDF link and gives
mime-type unsupported, of course.

Now, if I try to highlight and right-click that
link to open it in page(1), it doesn't appear,
because you can't just go directly to the link.
Sadly hget(1) doesn't do cookies so I can't
use the session to grab the paper without
abaco.

So, the only thing that I think could work
would be to have abaco plumb *.pdf as soon
as it gets the URL, instead of trying to show
it and ending up with mime-type unsupported.

Best,
ak

* Re: [9fans] Abaco's Plumbing
@ 2010-01-15  2:55 ` Federico G. Benavento
From: Federico G. Benavento @ 2010-01-15  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

hget does cookies, but it needs webcookies (hget, not abaco)
you can also use webfsget, which should just work

--
Federico G. Benavento

* Re: [9fans] Abaco's Plumbing
@ 2010-01-15  2:56 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2010-01-15  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> So, the only thing that I think could work
> would be to have abaco plumb *.pdf as soon
> as it gets the URL, instead of trying to show
> it and ending up with mime-type unsupported.

why can't you just use webfsget?

- erik

* Re: [9fans] Abaco's Plumbing
@ 2010-01-15  3:12   ` Akshat Kumar