* [9fans] Curious about faces and showmail
@ 2007-10-03 15:55 Gregory Pavelcak
From: Gregory Pavelcak @ 2007-10-03 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

This morning I had 9 or 10 emails showing in faces, and
I decided it would be nice if I could open all of them with
a single click. Based on the existing code in main.c and
some reasonable guesses, I chnged button 2 to this:

	case 2:
		scroll(2, p);
		lockdisplay(display);
		for(i=0; i<nfaces; i++){
			showmail(faces[i]);
			sleep(250);
		}
		unlockdisplay(display);
		break;

Turns out this had kind of unpredictable behavior. In the
times I tried it 3-5 emails would open, but I couldn't really
predict which ones it would be. Just on a hunch, I added
sleep(250) under showmail() in the for() loop, and so far it
works. I was just wondering why showmail() needs that
delay and if such a need is common. I did a quick grep for
sleep() in sources, and, while it shows up, it doesn't seem
especially common. How does one know when one needs it?

Greg