* Re: [9fans] Install Advice Requested.
@ 2013-06-30 15:50 Erik Quanstrom
From: Erik Quanstrom @ 2013-06-30 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

The wording might not be what was intended.  Prep -p emits commands to build the sd(3) partition table in memory.  Nothing is written to disk.

- erik

@ 2013-06-30 15:35 Terry Wendt
From: Terry Wendt @ 2013-06-30 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2013-06-30  1:30 Terry Wendt
From: Terry Wendt @ 2013-06-30  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I created a partition and started the plan9 install using plan9.iso.
It was an incomplete install, and I had some other problems from which
I've recovered. 8^)

I created a directory on the plan9 partition named iso, then copied
plan9.iso to that dir.

Can anyone provide some guidance regarding completing the install
without allowing plan9 to mark its partition as the boot partition?

Once the install is complete, if I need to reinstall grub2 I know how
now.  What do I tell grub2 to point to on the plan9 partition to add
it to my grub2 menu?  And can anyone recommend any boot options I may
need to set?

Thank you in advance,
Terry.