From: "Eris Discordia" <eris.discordia@gmail.com>
To: "Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs" <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Plan 9 wireless how-to...
Date: Tue,  5 Feb 2008 06:47:34 +0000	[thread overview]

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 04:23:18 -0000, Michael Andronov
<michael_andronov@sd-kyber.com> wrote:

> First, thanks a lot for the advices and help;
>
> However, the theory to practice step seems  to be a bit longer :)
>
> 1. about network:
>    - following your advice, found plan9.ini
>    - i managed to modify it with sam, ( for some strange reason, when I'm
> editing the file in ACME, the 'Put' option appears as soon as I modify
> the
> file - and that is expected; but after I select 'Put' and press button2-
> nothing happens.... Actually seems like commands within ACME toolsbar do
> not
> want to react to button2 (?) ).

You are probably pressing the wrong button. To Plan 9, button 2 is the
"middle" mouse button not the right button (the usual "button 2" on, say,
Windows) which is likely a depressible wheel on your mouse.

> On Feb 4, 2008 8:46 PM, Pietro Gagliardi <pietro10@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> On Feb 4, 2008, at 8:44 PM, Pietro Gagliardi wrote:
>>
>> For USB, add this to the TOP of /usr/$user/lib/profile, above the switch
>> but below the other bind lines:
>>
>> bind -a '#U' /dev
>> usbd
>>

>> Scratch that. There is a line in /usr/$user/lib/profile that reads
>>
>> switch($terminal){
>>
>> Above that, add
>>
>> bind -a '#U' /dev
>> usbstart
>>
>> usbstart sets up everything, including USB-based audio and the mouse.

USB add-in cards usually have OHCI host controllers, which Plan 9 does not
support out-of-the-box. The supported host controllers on Plan 9 are
EHCI/UHCI. Correct me if I am wrong on this one.

Assuming I am not wrong with that point, there must be some sort of
unofficial/contributed drivers for OHCI on Plan 9. Instructions on how to
install/configure them will be useful, I suppose.