* [9fans] authdial: unknown host
@ 2006-06-28 19:03 csant
From: csant @ 2006-06-28 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

trying to mount a Plan 9 machine from Linux.

I tell /srv/fscons to listen on ports 564 (tcp) and 17008 (il). I
	% auth/factotum -g 'proto=p9sk1 user=me dom=mydomain !password=mypw'
and then on the Linux box I try to establish a preauthenticated connection
(following instructions from this list a few weeks ago):

	$ srv -a 10.0.0.5 plan9
	!adding key: role=client proto=p9sk1 dom=mydomain
	user[me]: me
	password:
	!
	authdial: unknown host mydomain

I am a bit confused by the last error message: how come authdial treats
mydomain as the host? Where have I misconfigured stuff?

	$ hostname -f
	linux.mydomain
seems to tell me that (at least the Linux box) knows about the domain.

Needless to say, when I
	# mount -t 9p -o proto=tcp 10.0.0.5 /mnt/9/
	mount: permission denied
since it was trying to "attach main as nobody: connection not
authenticated, not console".

Any pointer please to how I could get this to work?
/c

* Re: [9fans] authdial: unknown host
@ 2006-06-28 20:15 ` csant
From: csant @ 2006-06-28 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> trying to mount a Plan 9 machine from Linux.
>
> I tell /srv/fscons to listen on ports 564 (tcp) and 17008 (il). I
> 	% auth/factotum -g 'proto=p9sk1 user=me dom=mydomain !password=mypw'
> and then on the Linux box I try to establish a preauthenticated
> connection (following instructions from this list a few weeks ago):
>
> 	$ srv -a 10.0.0.5 plan9
> 	!adding key: role=client proto=p9sk1 dom=mydomain
> 	user[me]: me
> 	password:
> 	!
> 	authdial: unknown host mydomain
>
> I am a bit confused by the last error message: how come authdial treats
> mydomain as the host? Where have I misconfigured stuff?
>
> 	$ hostname -f
> 	linux.mydomain
> seems to tell me that (at least the Linux box) knows about the domain.
>
> Needless to say, when I
> 	# mount -t 9p -o proto=tcp 10.0.0.5 /mnt/9/
> 	mount: permission denied
> since it was trying to "attach main as nobody: connection not
> authenticated, not console".
>
> Any pointer please to how I could get this to work?

I got one step further:

Added the following lines to $PLAN9/ndb/local :
	authdom=mydomain
         auth=plan9
where plan9 is the (only) Plan 9 machine on this network.

But now I get
	$ srv -a 10.0.0.5 plan9
	!adding key: role=client proto=p9sk1 dom=mydomain
	user[me]: me
	password:
	!
	authdial: Connection refused
	srv: authproxy: auth_proxy rpc: no rpc pending

@ 2006-06-28 21:02   ` csant
From: csant @ 2006-06-28 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> trying to mount a Plan 9 machine from Linux.
>>
>> I tell /srv/fscons to listen on ports 564 (tcp) and 17008 (il). I
>> 	% auth/factotum -g 'proto=p9sk1 user=me dom=mydomain !password=mypw'
>> and then on the Linux box I try to establish a preauthenticated
>> connection (following instructions from this list a few weeks ago):
>>
>> 	$ srv -a 10.0.0.5 plan9
>> 	!adding key: role=client proto=p9sk1 dom=mydomain
>> 	user[me]: me
>> 	password:
>> 	!
>> 	authdial: unknown host mydomain
>>
>> I am a bit confused by the last error message: how come authdial treats
>> mydomain as the host? Where have I misconfigured stuff?
>>
>> 	$ hostname -f
>> 	linux.mydomain
>> seems to tell me that (at least the Linux box) knows about the domain.
>>
>> Needless to say, when I
>> 	# mount -t 9p -o proto=tcp 10.0.0.5 /mnt/9/
>> 	mount: permission denied
>> since it was trying to "attach main as nobody: connection not
>> authenticated, not console".
>>
>> Any pointer please to how I could get this to work?
>
> I got one step further:
>
> Added the following lines to $PLAN9/ndb/local :
> 	authdom=mydomain
>          auth=plan9
> where plan9 is the (only) Plan 9 machine on this network.
>
> But now I get
> 	$ srv -a 10.0.0.5 plan9
> 	!adding key: role=client proto=p9sk1 dom=mydomain
> 	user[me]: me
> 	password:
> 	!
> 	authdial: Connection refused
> 	srv: authproxy: auth_proxy rpc: no rpc pending

And on the plan9 machine:
	% cat /mnt/factotum/log
	0: no key matches
	0: failure no key matches
	1: no key matches proto=p9sk1 role=server dom?

/c