* [9fans] Mac multi-touch mice and p9p acme anyone?
@ 2009-11-26  7:58 Paul Lalonde
From: Paul Lalonde @ 2009-11-26  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I wound up with one of these today, and I just had to mess with it enough to get chording working through the multi-touch interfaces.  I have no idea how it behaves  on a trackpad, but the top 20% of my magic mouse is now 3 separate buttons with reasonable tapping and chording behaviour.  I can tar up my new devdraw for anyone who cares.

I had to make a small change to the build system required to make this work as well.  I had to add a -F/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks to the 9l script - where's the right place to do this for a single project?

Paul

* Re: [9fans] Mac multi-touch mice and p9p acme anyone?
@ 2009-11-26  9:32 ` Lawrence E. Bakst
From: Lawrence E. Bakst @ 2009-11-26  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I care. I wanted the same thing. Can you send it to me? I have some friends at Apple that might be able to help.

leb

--
leb@iridescent.org

* Re: [9fans] Mac multi-touch mice and p9p acme anyone?
@ 2009-11-27 16:35 ` Eric Van Hensbergen
From: Eric Van Hensbergen @ 2009-11-27 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Proper acme chords?  I futzed with it before with the previous apple
mice and couldn't get it to work.  This with the new multitouch mice?

     -Eric

Sent from my iPhone

@ 2009-11-27 18:02   ` Paul Lalonde
From: Paul Lalonde @ 2009-11-27 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Yes.  It's a mod to devdraw that re-interprets mouse-down to mean "read the virtual buttons" and passes those along.  The hardest part is adjusting the "landing zone" for the buttons - it turns out thirds isn't where I click :-)

It would be a good job throughout the desktop if I could figure out how to suppress delivery of the real button clicks (filter them out of the desktop event queue), but I've not managed that yet.

Paul

@ 2009-12-01  2:08     ` Eric Van Hensbergen
From: Eric Van Hensbergen @ 2009-12-01  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Don't know where the best place to do these sorts of simple mods are,
but I'd like a copy of the changes when you get the time.

     -eric