Francisco J Ballesteros said: > If you have some problems I could reproduce, I'd like to know. certainly! Figuring this out is much lower on my priority list than finishing my GSoC applications and moving forward on some technical stuff for my thesis, but is annoying enough that I'll probably get back at it sooner than later. If I do not write you with some info within the next two weeks, give me a ping and that will probably be a good window of opportunity. I may have simply forgot. One thing that I have noticed though is that if I boot the machine with the thumb drive in, then it often comes right up. I do not know enough about Plan 9 devices and drivers yet to say much about that... As a note, the BIOS on my primary machine is really buggy, and there are actual configurations which cause the machine to reboot in the middle of posting and it never even gets to the point of reading any MBR or boot device (just starting up, and up, and up...) It may be that the current configuration is not quite stable enough and is screwing with the usbdevices. I actually need to post a couple of bug reports to Gateway (now I am begging to remember why I swore off buying their products 20 years ago...) Thanks and best regards, EBo -- > thanks > > On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 1:49 PM, EBo wrote: > > > >> plug it, run usbfat: > >> and go to /n... > >> > >> see its man page. > > > > usbfat: does not work consistently on my machines, but I was not going to > > mention that until I spent enough time to try to figure out why.  So, try it, > > it might work for you.  If it does not also try running usb/disk /dev/sdU* > > (where * is the usb device) and then try running usbfat:  For some reason that > > seems to work for me most of the time. > > > > As a note, the problem with the USB is probably more systemic -- I even lost > > my USB mouse for awhile after I rebooted into Linux.  I had to unplug the > > machine a couple of times before it came back.  Not sure what's up with that. > > > >  EBo -- > > > > > > > --