Francisco J Ballesteros said: > > We did a simple experiment recently: added a new 9p type called > > Tstream, because this issue of streams vs. transactions has been > > bugging me for years. The semantics are simple: it's a lot like Tread > > (almost same packet) but a single Tstream results in any number of > > Rstreams, until you hit no more data (/dev/mouse) or maybe EOF > > (/usr/rminnich/movie). Andrey tossed a sample implementation into > > newsham's 9p library. We  saw a 27x improvement in performance from > > calgary to sandia for a big file. Fcp did not come close. > > That's similar to a Tget in op with unlimited replies. The difference adds on > quickly. cool. Is Tstream integrated back into 9p and publicly available? Also, where can i find out more info about op and Tget? Thanks and best regards, EBo --