On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 7:43 AM, erik quanstrom wrote: > > What does 9P require to function? If TStream has the same or lesser > > requirements, then there's no problem right? This comes back to my > > wondering why we don't just use 9P to set up HTTP streams. > > see /sys/src/doc/il/il.ps > - reliable, > - in order. > (the other three are not hard requirements) > > i would think that Tstream has greater requirements. > it would seem to require flow control. > > - erik > > 9P doesn't require any flow control? That doesn't seem right :-) But then again it doesn't stream, at least in the traditional way I think of streaming. To stream you typically need flow control, so 9P isn't good for streaming in the sense I think of streaming. (yet?) Fix 9P or don't is the decision to be made.