* [9fans] Boot Error???
@ 2000-10-10  8:36 MoJoJoJo
From: MoJoJoJo @ 2000-10-10  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Okay, installation proceeds as normal, but upon restarting the
computer from the hard drive, I receive a "boot error"... pressing any
key to continue results in a reboot.

I've booted with the floppy and done a "finish installation" many
times to no avail.  According to the installation, the Plan9 partition
is set as the bootable partition and is marked active.  All of the
software is downloaded and already extracted.

Is there something in my HD BIOS settings that I have to configure
(ie. in x86 Solaris, it is mandatory that the Hard Drive type be set
to "Normal" instead of "Auto" or instead of "LBA"... I've tried
"Normal" for my Plan9 reboot and no difference)? Is there something
screwy with my MBR?

TIA!

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-10-10  8:36 UTC | newest]