From: Fernan Bolando <fernanbolando@mailc.net>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] sources flproto example still accurate
Date: Thu,  6 May 2010 22:55:10 +0800	[thread overview]

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Skip Tavakkolian <9nut@9netics.com> wrote:
> is auth negotiation supported in p9p?

>>> I would not reccomend -s 15 for now, there appears to be a bug in fossil
>>> where it can deadlock itself somtimes - My home server used to lock up
>>> once every few weeks, after disabling snapshots it has been fine.
>>>
>>> I do still do nightly dumps to venti however, that part of the system
>>> is absolutely fine.
>>>
>>> -Steve
>>>

>> Thanks, However it seems my problem is not my flproto
>>
>> if I try to mount the plan9 system without using srv -a I will get
>> $ 9 mount thinktank /tmp/c
>> top level name fuse in fuse.version is invalid
>> top level name macfuse in macfuse.version.number is invalid
>> 9pfuse: fsmount: cannot attach as none before authentication
>>
>> if I try to use srv -a I get
>> $ srv -a thinktank
>> !adding key: role=client proto=p9sk1 dom=fernan.net
>> user[fernan]: fernan
>>

>> and it stays there forever. without asking me for my password. Any
>> ideas what I did wrong

I dont know, but what is wrong with my configuration if I can mount
sources like unauthenticated...
mac0:~ fernan$ srv sources.cs.bell-labs.com sources
mac0:~ fernan$ mkdir ./tmp/c
mac0:~ fernan$ 9 mount `namespace`/sources ./tmp/c
top level name fuse in fuse.version is invalid
mac0:~ fernan$ lc ./tmp/c
9grid   adm     contrib dist    extra   lsr     patch   plan9   wiki    xen
mac0:~ fernan$

....but not my cpu server???

fernan

--