* [9front] domain blocking using ndb/dns?
@ 2021-01-03 14:04 james palmer
From: james palmer @ 2021-01-03 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

hello,

im running ndb/dns -s as my dns server for my local network
and i wondered if it would be possible to implement
ad-blocking network wide like pi-hole.

i tried adding 'dom=biobuf.link ip=0.0.0.0' to /lib/ndb/local
to no avail. did i miss a commandline flag or is this not possible?

thanks,
- james

* Re: [9front] domain blocking using ndb/dns?
@ 2021-01-03 14:31 ` sirjofri
From: sirjofri @ 2021-01-03 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: james palmer

I don't know about 9front ndb/dns, but you can surely use some dns server
like adguard to filter out ad dbs servers. I use their server at home and
it does a good job, still not filtering out things like youtube ads (they
are often served via the same domain).

sirjofri

* Re: [9front] domain blocking using ndb/dns?
@ 2021-01-03 14:55   ` james palmer
From: james palmer @ 2021-01-03 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Quoth sirjofri+ml-9front@sirjofri.de:
> I don't know about 9front ndb/dns, but you can surely use some dns server
> like adguard to filter out ad dbs servers. I use their server at home and
> it does a good job, still not filtering out things like youtube ads (they
> are often served via the same domain).
>
> sirjofri

yeah i know about ad blocking dns servers,
but i want to be able to customize the blocklist and
i want it to run on my 9front server so i don't need another machine running 24/7

thanks anyway.