From: Mack Wallace <mackbw@mapinternet.com>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] pi 400 and cm4 mmc issues
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2021 18:25:26 +0000	[thread overview]

I took the individual files from git and compiled them into a new kernel. I tried that kernel on a 4GB Pi400, an 8GB Raspberry Pi 4b, and a 1GB Pi Compute Module 4 (w/o eMMC) on the DFRobot mini router board. All were able to boot and mount the SD card with this change where previously one would boot, get errors, and not be able to mount the SD. So great catch cinap!

I did not expect any changes with a Compute Module 4 with eMMC as that is trying to boot from the eMMC and not the SD card. I tried anyway, and get the usual emmc: cmd 371a0000 arg 0 error intr 0 stat 1fff0001 that seems to indicate a missing SD card.

I haven’t done extensive testing, but for the first three; Pi400, CM4 w/o eMMC, and 8BB PI4b; things seem to work - I can’t imagine the changes affecting much else. I have other problems (which I am sure others can affirm with pity and derision), but those are for another thread.

Thank you!

mackbw