From: sl@stanleylieber.com
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: PROPOSAL: New 9front Bug Tracker
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 20:34:14 -0500	[thread overview]

The existing bug tracker sucks.

The following is a list of definitions and features intended to start
a discussion of how to implement a superior replacement.  Please feel
free to comment in this thread.  Once we agree on the spec the new bug
tracker can be implemented.

---

9front Bug Tracker

Definitions

	1.  A bug is a directory whose name briefly describes the bug.

		a.  The bug directory contains a subdirectory mbox
		that contains mdir formatted e-mail files comprising
		the entirety of the discussion thread.

	2.  A bug's status is defined by its location under one of the
	following directories:

		a.  open/

		b.  closed/

		c.  [tba]

	3.  A bug's priority is defined by [tba].

	4.  A bug's assignment (the developer to which the bug is
	assigned) is defined by [tba].

Features

	1.  Create and close bugs by sending an e-mail.

	2.  View bugs, their status, priority, and assignment via
	command line tool, to be included with the default 9front
	system.

		a.  Print a command to open an individual bug's e-mail
		thread in a dedicated nedmail(1).

		b.  Print a command to close an individual bug.

	3.  View bugs, their status, priority, and assignment on the
	web.

	4.  View an individual bug's e-mail thread on the web.

---

We need ideas for Definitions-2-c, Definitions-3, and Definitions-4.

I *think* everything else everyone wanted is covered in the above.

A copy of this proposal has been uploaded to:

	http://9front.org/bugtracker

It will be updated to reflect whatever changes we decide upon, until
consensus is reached.

Now is your chance to tear this proposal apart.

sl