* [9front] Thinkpad x230 bugs
@ 2021-04-13 17:17 fulton
From: fulton @ 2021-04-13 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I noticed a couple of minor bugs on the thinkpad x230 (sysinfo http://sysinfo.9front.org/src/383/body) under 9front

First with acpi

; aux/acpi
'#P/ec' file does not exist
;

I imagine this will be a simple fix I'll just need someone to point me in the right direction.

I also get this error over kprint when I adjust the brightness using the fn + f[8^9] keys

cpu0: lapicerror: 0x00000080

No noticalbe side effects beide the error, brightness goes up and down fine.

None of these bug are urgent (no panics, not effecting normal operation) I just though I'd point them out for the sake of stability and getting a battery monitor :)
--
Fulton fulton.software!fulton

* Re: [9front] Thinkpad x230 bugs
@ 2021-04-15 21:02 ` cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2021-04-15 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

thats the embedded controller. that is detected by a acpi table entry,
try booting with acpi= option or over uefi.

--
cinap

* Re: [9front] Thinkpad x230 bugs
@ 2021-04-15 22:35 ` james palmer
From: james palmer @ 2021-04-15 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Quoth fulton@fulton.software:
> ; aux/acpi
> '#P/ec' file does not exist

set *acpi= in plan9.ini, you don't have it enabled.

> cpu0: lapicerror: 0x00000080

i looked into this a while back (happened on my t430s) and could't figure it out. try putting "cat /dev/kprint >/dev/null" in your profile to silence it.

- james

* Re: [9front] Thinkpad x230 bugs
@ 2021-04-16 15:26   ` fulton
From: fulton @ 2021-04-16 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Quoth james palmer <james@biobuf.link>:
> Quoth fulton@fulton.software:
> > ; aux/acpi
> > '#P/ec' file does not exist
>
> set *acpi= in plan9.ini, you don't have it enabled.
>
> > cpu0: lapicerror: 0x00000080
>
> i looked into this a while back (happened on my t430s) and could't figure it out. try putting "cat /dev/kprint >/dev/null" in your profile to silence it.
>
> - james

The *acpi= flag worked, thanks. I currently have kprint set to go to its own window in my riostart so I can still check on it if something is broken :)

--

@ 2021-04-17 21:10     ` james palmer
From: james palmer @ 2021-04-17 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Quoth fulton@fulton.software:
> I currently have kprint set to go to its own window
> in my riostart so I can still check on it if something is broken :)

i reccomend kvik's pin (comes with mq) for this. sart a pin running cat /dev/kprint in the background and attach to check up on things.

- james