Right the manpages kind of poorly writen. Should have an example usage. The flags should be listed similar to item of a list rather than hunt them down. It really starts out confusing. If -c is specified, sshfs will instead launch thecommand specified by cmdline and if -p is specified, sshfs communicates with an SFTP server via stdin and stdout I guess I go with -p Unless -M is specified, sshfs will mount itself at the mountpoint specified by mtpt. Okay so I need mount point cpu% sshfs -p williamgunnells@172.27.0.68 -m /Users/williamgunnells  . sshfs: received garbage cpu% sshfs -p -d williamgunnells@172.27.0.68 -m $home/sshdir SFTP --> SSH_FXP_INIT  Why make it more complicated. see bind(1)) with -c. -a and -b have the save function as they do with mount. What? So now I have to look at bind(1) Does that have -a -b Yes -b Both files must be directories. Add the new directory to the Beginning of the union directory represented by the old file oh and -a is end of the untion Hmm I wonder if there is an example in bind(1) NOPE It does have an example of mount /srv/boo /n/dump dump sounds logical What does that have to do with sshfs again now. I forgot